I know the plans I have for you...

I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I
will bring you home again.  For I know the plans I have for
you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and
not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when
you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly,
you will find me.  I will be found by you,” says the
Lord.

This song has become near and dear to our hearts, hope you like it
(it's by a local NC boy!):



The Lord has prepared the way, overcome all obstacles thus far and
allowed us to be fully prepared to continue forward.  So far
he has not shut any doors, but rather continues to go before us and
make the path straight.  We anticipate bumps in the road, but
they will simply be ways that He continues to prove himself
strong.  Whatever the outcome is, we will praise our Lord for
the joy of following Him in His plans, for the sake of making His name
great!  This is not about us, or what we are doing, this is
all about what He has done for us, and in us, and now through us for
the glorification of His Son, we simply get to joyfully and gratefully
participate...

We are so grateful to God for the loving and generous gift of our
parents, both MeMe and Pop, and Grammy and Papa, for the support they
give us in taking care of our children and the homestead while we are
away on this journey of hope.  Members of our faith family
have also come alongside us in wonderful ways to offer a helping hand
with the child care and assistance to the grandparents, and in
prayer.  What an amazing demonstration of the community,
brotherly love and affection within the body of Christ.  We
are indebted to each and every one of you and will be praying for you
all while absent as often as the Lord brings you to mind.  We
will miss you and cannot express adequately the deep gratefulness we
feel because of you.  You are very special to us, and we love
you bunches!  We also look forward to seeing you again...we
are not quite gone yet, but look forward reuniting with you.

It is a bitter sweet feeling to be packed and ready to leave behind 7
little ones who will miss us, and who will be missed,
immensely.  I am confident that they are in the best hands in
the world, and that God is watching over them and will
protect.  I am not worried about their safety (maybe everyone
else's sanity!), I am only concerned about their emotional health while
we are gone.  We have tried to spend much one-on-one time with
them all, but it never feels like quite enough.  Tomorrow will
be a day full of both happy and sad tears.  Eager anticipation
and intense grief will consume our hearts.  We love each of
our children for the precious treasure and gift that they
are.  I pray that our leaving doesnt hurt them, but that God
uses it to strengthen and grow them more into the image of God that He
desires them to become.  I know that God works all things
together for the good of those that love Him and are called according
to His purposes.  This calling is for His purpose, and only
God knows how much I love Him...so I am banking on the promise, because
He is reliable!

OK - tomorrow's plan:
9am - Big breakfast at Cracker Barrel
11:15am - Hugs, Kisses, and tears, songs and prayers!
11:30am - Airport checkin - we're off

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Our Family

Our Family
We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

Subscribe via Email

Followers